Monday, October 6, 2014

Intro to Bowman's Corner

Hey! Welcome!

My name is Jake Muller, also known as MajorBowman across the internet. I've always enjoyed writing, but I've never really put any thought into expressing myself in a formal manner. After I competed in a Premier Challenge last summer, I wrote a little blurb about the team and the event just for fun. That little blurb ended up getting published on nuggetbridge.com (you can read it here!), and I realized that I enjoyed writing for an audience. After another period of internet silence, I decided it would be fun to create a blog and keep writing. The blog will be mostly Pokemon related since that's really my only online presence, but I'll probably write about other randoms things too. Who knows what's in store?

In case you don't know me very well, I'll give you a little background. As of this post, I'm a 19-year-old sophomore at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. I lived in Orlando, Florida, from birth until the summer after my freshman year of college, when my family moved to Dallas, Texas. When it comes to Pokemon, I played casually from the release of Gold and Silver until the summer of 2013, when I stumbled across the live stream of the 2013 Pokemon World Championships. I loved watching the battles and thought the format looked really fun compared to singles, so I dove in. I've met some really cool people through this game, and I am very fortunate to have the chance to travel around the country to play a children's game that just so happens to have a large competitive community in the 16-30 age range.

When it comes to future posts, I have a few ideas. A lesser purpose of creating this blog was so I could vent my frustrations when it comes to events, so I'm thinking of doing a tournament history post where I can retroactively air out my gripes in public. I'll also do some kind of Intro to VGC post for my friends that are less knowledgeable when it comes to competitive Pokemon. I don't harbor any shame in my choice of hobbies, so I'm hoping all of my non-Pokemon playing friends enjoy this blog as well. I'll post team reports and event war stories here, and just cover general competitive Pokemon news.

So yeah, this is Bowman's Corner. Hope you guys enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment